Last week I attended an event in New York City to introduce the Gaggenau CX480 full surface induction cooktop to the US. I had seen this amazing cooktop at The Living Kitchen show in Cologne, Germany just over a year ago, and I would not be overstating it to say that it was the buzz of that show.
Here's what this amazing piece of cooking equipment does:
It is full surface induction which makes the entire cooktop into one big cooking zone
- It has TFT touch display - This means it has LCD touchscreen technology
- Cookware is automatically recognized by shape, size, and position
- Heat is produced only where it is needed
- The booster function increases heat output by 50%
- If cookware is moved, the cooktop detects the new position
- Cooking settings can then be immediately transferred
- It has intuitive operation
The ability to create a good (hot/fast) sear, in my cooking repertoire, is important - I sear meat or fish at least once a week. It is one of the easiest and most "professional" ways that any homeowner can cook just like a celeb chef. Nice sear...
Gaggenau introduced the CX480 at a pop up location that I cannot "not" show you. Gaggenau truly exemplifies fantastic design and product innovation at its best.
I have followed Gaggenau's product line since the mid 80s and have owned some of their products. They perform. They last. They are gorgeous!
Likewise, Gaggenau creates amazing (not an overstated word) displays in showrooms, shows and events. So, take a look at this fabulous pop up showroom which was only open for less than a week!
I do love Gaggenau - there is "nothing not to like" as we say in New York, so New York was the perfect place to introduce this cooktop.